Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mexico Vacation



How I have neglected you. By you, I mean my blog. I have been so busy with other things in real life that I haven't made time for writing. When I decided to start a blog, it wasn't to improve on the world, or start a new idea. It was more for me to jot a few thoughts down and help ease my mind. So blogging to me is not what it is to others. To others it is a life event, to me, it is just a few words put down on an electronic device. A few thoughts to vent my mind from everyday stress.

The family and I went to Mexico on vacation. It was more of a "going to a wedding" trip than a vacation. However, we did manage to go to Guanajuato, Guanajuato. Do you know what Guanajuato is famous for? Yup, mines, slaves and Mummies. Let me elaborate before people get upset. I should add, that it is past history and therefore it is mentioned here.

The Spaniards came to the new world with visions of riches, gold, silver and bronze. Their main goal was gold of course. They ended up in the area called Quanax Juato by the natives living in the area. Since the Spaniards couldn't pronounce the name, they called it, Guanajuato. The Spaniards, like most European Countries inhabiting the New World, bought slaves in order to work the mines. I am not going to go into the details of the conditions these poor men worked in, but you can imagine the silicone in the air and lungs. These men didn't stand a chance of survival.

The mummies are another spectacle in Guanajuato. These are not actually mummies, but bodies that are petrified. These bodies were not actually buried in the ground but were buried in walls made of stone. The belief is that through time the water and mineral protected the cadaver from deterioration. What ever the cause this museum is very interesting to come and see. I have attached some photos for your viewing.

If you ever want to go to Mexico on vacation, I recommend a stop by Guanajuato. Very lovely and clean city.

No comments: