Thursday, July 17, 2008

Weather App

Nifty little application that I purchased for my daughter's Centro and my Treo755P is Weather. Yes, simple yet complicated.

This application allows you to create your own weather channel. For example, I have it update the weather for locations of where I live, work and vacation. The weather application simultaneously updates all locations that I have set for default.

There are default times for updating and then you can set your own times. Usually I like my weather to be updated 4 hours a day. So I set it up where my weather station updates at 6 a.m., 10 a.m., 2 p.m., 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.

I get the current weather, 48 hour weather, 7 and 14 day forecast! The weather seems accurate enough except for three days ago. I manually updated the weather and it said that it was clear with a full moon. Well, it happened to be raining and the moon was covered up! But that could do with the weather station being out of commission and not the weather application itself.

Apart from collecting the weather from virtually anywhere you want, you can also set up a wallpaper of your choice. If you wish to take a picture with your Treo or Centro and then use it as a wallpaper, you can. The wallpaper you see in the background of my Weather app is of the rest area east of Indio, CA on my way to TweetupLA.

The cost? $4.95 for a 1 year subscription or like I did, $19.95 for an infinite subscription. Give it try I know you'll like it

No comments: