Thursday, August 21, 2008

Today I realized

I realized something today.

There are many Treo users at work. Yes, many people still use the Treo because of it form factor and ease of use of the Palm OS. Palm OS, while old, offers new users an easy way to learn a Smartphone and its OS. Many of the Treo users are long time Palm users going back as far as the Handspring.

But, I realized something today. I am do have some technological knowledge of something. I don't consider myself to be Steve Jobs or or Jeff Hawkins when it comes to technology but I know my way around some technology.

There I was minding my own business and next thing you know I am approached by a co-worker. This co-worker begins to ask me question concerning his Treo 755p. It just so happens that is the device that I am currently using. So we begin to talk about the Treo's features and capabilities. To his amazement, he learned how powerful of a device it is. Approximately 10 minutes into our conversation there were 4 other co-workers listening to my little speech and teachings. What was supposed to be a 10 minute "get to know your device" chat session, turned out to be an hour and a half teachings on the device.

Then and there I realized that I had in fact something to offer. I often hide behind my computer, keyboard or IP address shy about being chastized for the lack of knowledge. However, today I realized that I do have something to give. Therefore, Today I realized.

No comments: