Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Palm Bluetooth Keyboard.

Here you can see the Palm Blue tooth Keyboard. Never thought I would need one until my thumbs and fingers starting hurting from all the text and IMing I do.

The Palm Keyboard is compact and yet has a full keyboard with a number row. It has functionality to use with commands and keys that mimic the 5 command keys on your Treo. These keys are handy but will take a day or two to get used to them.

The keyboard uses two AAA batteries and promised up to a 4 month life. Of course, that will depend on how much you use your Treo and Keyboard. Since I text and blog from my Treo, I suspect that the battery life will be much less. I will use my rechargeable AAA batteries as soon as these are done.

The number one issue with Treo owners is........blue tooth. Many Treo owners complain about the disconnect and having to repair blue tooth devices. So far this has not been an issue. Palm recommends that all other blue tooth devices are turned off when pairing the keyboard for the first time. If you have any other keyboard .prc loaded onto your Treo, those must be deleted as well.

When pairing the keyboard for the first time, it was simple. Just press and hold the blue tooth button on the keyboard, and the turn on the keyboard app on your phone. They, pair and then you start typing. I have been using this keyboard for about 24 hours now. E-mails, notes, memos and Calendar updates. So far, no key skips or delays. The keyboard has stayed paired with my Treo. Most of all, my thumbs, wrists and fingers don't hurt!

The only "thing" wrong with the connection is when starting the keyboard the keyboard program must be off on your phone. I couldn't get mine to pair after closing the keyboard. I turned off the keyboard app then turned on the keyboard. Only after the keyboard is turned on, should you turn on the keyboard program. Works like a charm if instructions are followed correctly.

I can type approximately 60 wpm. Not a single skip or missed letter. Unfortunately, my favorite site, http://www.treonauts.com/ did not have this model in the shop. I had to get it else where.

Give it a try and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

forgot said...

I see your enjoying it!

Luis Martinez said...

Very much! The ease with typing my blog on this keyboard through my treo, is awesome! I recommend to all Treo or Smartphone users.