Tuesday, September 4, 2007

CFL Bulbs Fish Tank

I know I have beaten the CFL bulbs to death by now, but I had to add one more item.

As you can see by the picture, my last exchange was for my fish tank. The two bulbs that I exchanged were 20w Incandescent bulbs. I exchanged them for 2 CFL 10w bulbs. What is the big difference between the two you ask?

1st, Look at the acquarium. It looks more lively with the white light bulbs I bought compared to the picture on my main screen. 2nd, the 20w I am saving on energy can add up being that my tank light stays on for a good part of the day. I need it on to promote healthy bacteria. (We will leave that for another day.)
3rd, and the most important as far as fish are concerned, the heat given out by the lights. With the Incandescent bulbs, the top of the tank would get very warm. The water tempature would riset about 2 degrees. With the CFL bulbs, there is no heat on top of the fish tank and the water tempature hasn't changed since I turned them on. Read yesterdays blog on CFL and you will see the difference in heat.

Okay, still have the refrigerator lights left and that should cover my entire house. Oh, by the way, I paid $4.84/ea for the bulbs. If someone want to do the math, feel free.

Well until later.

EDIT: At 2:52 p.m. AZ time. Just received my bill in the mail. In AZ, the hottest month is August. My Electric Bill is 252.87, one year ago it was 378.89. Now, do you believe me?

No comments: